Saturday, March 2, 2013

While I'm Waiting

So as of today I have eight applications in play.  I have updated my resume, portfolio, left emails and voice messages with everyone I know is responsible for hiring or new grad programs.  I am determined to not become a stalker. 

I am not discouraged, I know the position I am supposed to have is there.  Read a report today that it can take some time.  I am just thankful I have my BS and a year of externship under my belt. 
http://www.minoritynurse.com/article/new-nurses-fight-find-work

Anyway I'm keeping myself busy, took a 12-Lead training course and I will most likely do a EKG competency course as well.  I am also writing, I have a great idea for a book series.  I'll keep you posted as it develops.  In the meantime I am excited that my poem will be published in Imprint-The Professional Magazine for Student Nurses.  As soon as the link is available I'll post it.

So far I've had two patients: My cat (administering anti-nausea medication) and my son (neuro checks after running into a pole).

Let the joys of being a nurse begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment