Thursday, March 7, 2013

4 Weeks Later

Wow!  Four weeks ago today I had so many knots in my stomach I didn't think I'd be able to drive.  The Sunday before the "Exam of my life" I had spilled my breakfast all over myself and my nervous energy was making me wish I was preparing to give birth instead of take the NCLEX,

The word scared was an understatement.  Even after the exam I couldn't completely relax.  I checked the BRN website regularly until my name came up.  As much as I took Nursing School seriously, something about taking a exam that was either pass or fail just created a stressor in my life that I still to this day can't put into words.  

Now that passing on my first, thank God only, attempt, I smile today because as nervous and scared I was to have it behind me has been a huge relief.  I can now concentrate on job acquiring and being a part of a healthcare culture that wants to put patient care first.

While I wait, I'm not just sitting by the phone.  I have been writing and networking to make sure I stay current while I wait.  I've decided  to not take the "Whoa is me" path and beg/plead for a position.  I want to be somewhere where I am wanted and they are willing to support me in my goals.

I am glad to report that my original poem, that I was given the honor to read at pinning, will be published in CNSA's Imprint magazine this March 2013!!  Everything is falling into place at just the right time.  As soon as I have the link I'll upload it.
Health Choices,
Nurse Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment