Monday, April 15, 2013

Fulltime Job...Filling Out Nurse Applications

As I like my fellow new grads keep working toward our first nursing position, I find myself laughing at how much time I spend online checking and rechecking for new grad or nurse residency programs.  The time is turning into a fulltime job.  I look up as see the clock has ticked away more time than I expected.

I am glad that the multi-varied healthcare systems have websites that allow a prospect to check as often as they want.  I've made a habit of crediting Search Agents, that will immediately alert me to a position with key words that are in line with what I am looking for.

I've revamped my resume each month and I've even created a smaller one page version that will hopefully give recruiters and managers just enough of my attributes to give me a call or email.  As I continue to work on certifications and maintaining what I have learned, my resume or CV is growing.  I have a feeling by the time I finish my first year or two my resume will be a solid two pages long.

As much fun as I am having I look forward to the day when I can leave this job behind and step into my true profession as a nurse.  I am excited to soon be filling out forms of a different kind.  I am also not burnt out on filling out application after application.  Each question enables me to do more self reflection and prepare for the coveted interview.

May what flows from my brain to my hand, also flow to my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment